Monday, December 10, 2007

NaNoWriMo Participant Interviews, Part 2: Anita

Here is the second interview, in which I talk to published author Anita about her first year participating in NaNoWriMo. She tells us about pushing yourself to write and about how she managed to write an entire children's novel in a month.

A few snipets from the interview:
After my NaNoWriMo experience, I would say to any other writers wishing to give it a go – just be true to yourself and not worry about what everybody else is doing. I knew I was never going to write 50,000 words, as I was writing a children’s book. It was never destined to be that long. Once I realised and came to terms with this, it was a lot easier to just write.


I had come to a grinding halt, with doubts about my story and characters and even more concerns about the word count not rising as fast as desired. That was when I plotted the story and got on with it. I don’t like letting people down.


Thank you, Anita, so much for your input! Congratulations on your finished piece and good luck during the editing process. I think the best thing someone can do in this challenge is end up with something completed, despite its word count. You did a fabulous job your first year!

You can read the full interview with Anita here or read the first interview, with highschooler & winner Jessica here.

Hopefully I will hear from our third participant, Casye, soon & can post her interview as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails