Thursday, December 13, 2007

NaNoWriMo Participant Interviews Part 3: Casye

And now we come to the third and final installment of this year's NaNoWriMo participant interviews (unless any are out there who want to be interviewed...email me). Up to bat now is Casye who in my opinion is a spectacular writer. Unfortunately she did not finish her NaNo this year because she was too busy with her work in Children of Eden (which I can't wait to see btw), but she did find the time to answer my questions.

It's very hard to keep writing when you realize how bad it is, but the best thing to do is ignore it and continue. Remind yourself that you have no deadline for editing, just one for word count.

Like I always say: November is for writing, December is for editing (and/or burning)

My advice to other writers is write about what you love. If you pick something that you think will make millions of dollars, but you don't absolutely adore it, you're gonna go nowhere. I advise people to write what they really want to say and the things that they have always thought privately, but have been too afraid to say so outloud. Don't be afraid! Say exactly what you feel in novel form. It can even be social commentary.

I love that piece of advice, it's very true. This is probably why our research papers are so boring...

You can read the full interview with Casye here or go back and read the previous interviews with Anita and Jessica.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails