Saturday, April 04, 2009

On Communication & Things Jez Doesn't Want to Blog About

I didn't know what to blog about so I asked Jen on Skype and my sister in the kitchen. I have gotten many BAD suggestions. So here is a list of things I do not want to blog about. That's my blog for tonight I guess.

+ Alligators
+ Crocodiles
+ Grapes
+ Apple Juice
+ Toast
+ Local politics

In other news, I love modern communication technology. This is what I will truly blog about tonight, because it's something that's been great for me today. I am part of the 5 Nerdsome Writers and today has just been a great day for communicating with them through many different outlets! There is the SAFT which is a facebook thread, LiveJournal, Dailybooth, Twitter, email, MSN Messenger, and then today we added to that list text messaging directly (well, everyone except Jenny who is in England). Later on Toni got me to finally download Skype, which I had never used before. So we did a skype call and that was pretty fun. Just now I was talking to my friend Jen in a video chat via Skype and that was cool too! I think it's amazing that in this day & age we have so many different ways to contact one another and stay in touch! I just read the Marvel Presents: Pride & Prejudice comic book last night and in that age people communicated only through letters or messengers. It could take weeks to get a message to someone! These days you can just send one message to Twitter and instantly all your friends know that you broke your arm, or discovered the Holy Grail, or had Cocoa Puffs for breakfast. You need never feel alone again! Not when you can so easily contact someone else! It is a wonderful time we live in, to be sure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails