Sunday, May 17, 2009

Interview: Hilary!

And the children's book week interviews continue! Sorry I haven't posted every day, exams were rough and so was school. Why is there so much stuff going on at the end of the year, by the way? That's crazy! Why can't they give us some things like like, early March when we are dying of cabin fever?

Today's interview is with my fellow Nerdwriter, Hilary! She blogs on Fridays for the 5NerdsomeWriters, so check her out!

Jez: First off, what is your favorite book in either children's lit or young adult literature? Why?
Hilary: Hmmm.."Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson. It was so intresting I couldn't put it down,

Jez: Is this the same book you loved as a child, or has that changed over the years?
Hilary: Oh, it's changed over the years. I used to hate reading as a kid.

Jez: Is there any book that stands out that really impacted you, either positively or negatively? Any books that you associate with a specific time in your life?
Hilary: Again, "Speak" because it is one of two books that made me like reading again. This being my freshman year of high school and all.

Jez: What was your favorite book that you had to read in school?
Hilary: "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson. It was really "for" school, but my freshman english teacher assigned us to read it. It's now one of my favorite books.

Jez: What do you love most about children's literature? Do you think this gives it an advantage over adult literature?
Hilary: I love how classy and predictable it is for the most part. It has advantages because it deals with a certain group of people, those beginning to read by his or herself with different ranges, without being explicit.

Jez: What is the most important lesson you have learned from a book?
Hilary: Oh god, I never remember. I'm terrible like that.

Jez: Who is your favorite character, or which one do you identify with the most?
Hilary: Margo Roth Spigelman from John Green's "Paper Towns." I love her character. She's just really fun and interesting to read, and mysterious. Even if we're nothing really alike in real life.

I'm starting to get the feeling that I am a lesser person for not having read Speak. I'm sure Hilary will now try to force me to. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails