Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Good Times Coming Fast

Hullo, just a quick update about my life here before I start on a review of Angie Sage's Flyte. The English Research/Creative/Writing project that has been restricting my creative juices and hogging all my time was turned in today. I finished it late last night and I'm really proud of how it turned out and I'm especially relieved that it is finally over with. This was my last English project of the school year, thankfully. But it also means we're back to reading novels and that I'll have a reading assignment every night (but it's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, so it's no big deal).

There are only 11 days left in the school year for me, and 3 of those are early dismissals (2 of which are exam days that will feel longer than a full day...). This summer I plan to spend lots of time writing, reading, raising the munchkins that are my brothers, and volunteering a lot at my local library. I'm really looking forward to the time at the library because it combines my three loves: reading, writing, and web design. Yes, I will be fixing up the library's webpage.

Since I just a few minutes ago finished Flyte, and I don't have the money to buy Scott Westerfeld's Pretties (I'm just going to buy it, Westerfeld is my fave writer and it's the conclusion to one of my favourite series) just yet, does anyone have any book recommendations? I'm headed to the library tonight and might find something there, but I always welcome recommendations.

Well, I'm off to dance class where we're having a meditation day which I will probably sleep through again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails